The speech language and reading professionals travel to your Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, and Long Island (Nassau & Sulffolk) or child's school. Please note that we only travel to you and, in addition, also make house calls.
BROOKLYN LETTERS DIRECTORY
Dr. Shirley Pollak, Au.D.
- Insurances accepted click here
- LOCATION & CONTACT:
1) Audiology Central, 209 Avenue P, Suite 2A, Brooklyn, New York, 11204
HOURS: Mondays through Fridays, some Sundays. By Appointment.
- TYPE OF SERVICES:
* Early detection of hearing loss
* Brainstem auditory advocate testing
* Middle ear function testing
* Central auditorial process testing
* Hearing device fittings
* Counseling for patients and their families with hearing loss
* Central Auditory Processing Testing
* Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials Testing
* Hearing Aid consultations and Fittings
* Otoacoustic Emissions Testing
- AGES: all ages, including infants
- WEBSITE: http://www.pollakaudiological.com/
Carolyn Kessler, PHD
- HOURS: Home and Office Visits: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- LOCATION: Office: 406 7th Ave in Park Slope, Brooklyn and your Brooklyn home.
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, Consultation to parents and schools, Assessment
- EXPERTISE: Cognitive Behavioral therapy, parent training, autism spectrum disorders/developmental and learning disabilities, anxiety and mood disorders, behavioral disorders, potty training, assessment (diagnostic and neuropsychological)
- AGES: All ages of children and adolescents
- PAYMENT: Private Pay, Out-of-Network, Sliding Scale.
- CONTACT: email@example.com, 919-280-2151
Veronica Brodsky, PsyD, Licensed Child and School Clinical Psychologist
- HOURS: Office visits: Mondays through Fridays
- LOCATION: Park Slope, 163 Prospect Park West, (corner of 11th street), Brooklyn, NY 11215
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, family therapy, parent consultations, school consultations, workshops, group work
- EXPERTISE: Working with families in transition, Anxiety, Depression, Behavioral Issues, Relationship, Psychological, Psychoeducational and Neuropsychological Evaluations. Issues or Fears, Asperger s Syndrome, Attention Deficit, Behavioral Issues, Child or Adolescent, Coping Skills, Depression, Divorce, Emotional Disturbance, Family Conflict, Learning Disabilities, Loss or Grief, Oppositional Defiance, Parenting, Peer Relationships, Relationship Issues, Self Esteem, Play therapy and behavior management with preschool and elementary aged children, animal-assisted psychotherapy
- AGES: Preschool and elementary, adolescents, adults
- PAYMENT: Some Major Insurances, Private Pay, Out-of-Network, Sliding Scale
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org, 718-306-7755
Annette Hernandez, Ph. D.
- HOURS: Thursdays 10-8
- LOCATION: 257 15th St. (5th/6th Ave) Suite 203, Brooklyn
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, parent consultations, family sessions.
- EXPERTISE: Cognitive-behavioral therapy, child/adolescent therapy, evidence-based treatment
- PAYMENT: Private Pay.
- AGES: Birth-50
- CONTACT: email@example.com, 917-519-3082
CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER AND PSYCHOTHERAPIST
Fara Jones, M.A., LCSW
- HOURS: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10am-7pm
- LOCATION: 1) Mondays and Wednesday- 406 7th ave #1F (@ 13th street)
2) Fridays and Saturdays- 641 President St, Suite 103 (4th/ 5th ave)
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual, couples, family and group therapy
- EXPERTISE: Parenting and family therapy, adolescents, anxiety and depression, trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy, creative arts therapy
- AGES: 5-up
- PAYMENT: Private Pay, Sliding Scale, Out-of-Network.
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org, 917-359-3335
Lindsay Whitman, PhD
- HOURS: Flexible
- LOCATION: Dr. Whitman works with you to determine if an office or home based evaluation is best for your child. If office-based work is preferred, the evaluation will be completed in Dr. Whitman s office at One Grand Central Place, 305 Madison Avenue in Manhattan. If a home-based evaluation is appropriate, Dr. Whitman will evaluate your child in your Brooklyn or Manhattan home.
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Neuropsychological and psychoeducational evaluations for children and adolescents. Dr. Whitman also conducts neuropsychological evaluations with adult populations presenting with cognitive concerns related to possible ADHD, intellectual disability, traumatic brain injury, memory disorder, or dementia. She is also certified coach for Cogmed, a computer-based attention and working memory training program.
- AGES: 4 years of age through adulthood.
- PAYMENT: Private Pay. Cash, check, or credit card accepted. Payment plans available.
- CONTACT: email@example.com, 347-560-1399
Lynn-Marie Herlihy, MS, OTR/L
- HOURS: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8am to 5pm
- LOCATION: Run, Jump, Roll (PT/OT Pediatric gym), 433 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Occupational Therapy evaluations, individual treatment sessions
- EXPERTISE: Sensory Integration treatment, fine motor development, visual-motor and visual-perceptual deficits, handwriting/pre-writing skills
- AGES: Birth through elementary school
- PAYMENT: Private Pay; Out-of-network health insurance
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org, 646-KidsOT1 (646-543-7681)